Welcome friends, partners and internationals!

jonaz.dk
Site Admin

Welcome friends, partners and internationals!

Unread post by jonaz.dk » 25 Apr 2013, 22:20

Hey guys!

So I wanted to do a more official welcome post.

Fist welcome to our friends, partners on the front page!

IGDA Denmark - Famous for the annual Nordic Game Jam. They are usually fairly quite for the rest of the year. But I have a hunch that's about to change.
http://www.igda.dk/

CGForum.dk Rising from the ashes of 3dmaxer.dk (which was one of the direct inspirational sources for this very site years ago). This is the new kid on the block in the Danish 3D graphics and CG world. Full of talented and passionate artists. It's our job to convince them the games industry is way sexier than doing sausage commercials and architectural visualization or whatever they spend their time on. ;) And post some of their amazing art here also as a supplement.
http://www.cgforum.dk

Internationals! ITU Students! Games industry professionals residing in Denmark. Or curious outsiders.
Spiludvikling.dk has long been an almost exclusive Danish forum. This has been the history since it started 10 years ago. But much has changed since. And I don't want you guys to feel left out of the loop. Just engage the local community in conversation. It's good for you and them!
I've updated the forum with English descriptions. Also click the upper left corner Google Translate button to decrypt the magic fairy language called Danish.

Future friends and partners!
If your organization would like do get some exposure and branding on the front page. Just grab me if I don't grab you first.
jonazdk@gmail.com
The way it works is mutual beneficial exposure. Has to be games industry relevant naturally. And I deal in a frontpage logo for a frontpage logo.
I'm also open to suggestions. Just throw me a mail and I'll give it my consideration.

And last but not least! Please support the site by just using it actively!
I believe it's of vital strategic interest to the games industry to have a unified thriving online community. That is not a semi hidden LinkedIn, Facebook group, hashtag.
These more or less hidden or closed communities are first of all SUPER convenient and easy to engage. Which is great! But also the slow path to an inbred culture. Naturally they can also acquire other users. But I believe the open culture where you can actually write more than 140 characters. Integrated with but not bound by social networks. Is the better option in the long run.
Also it's Google indexed properly. Boosting your search ranking and properly searchable.
I could EASILY have done a social network group or hastag and moved the conversation there. But I have chosen NOT to.
Just trying to find all the Nordic FB gamedev groups etc. has been a bit of a hassle.
And this is not a desperate cry. ;) After my return to DK I have had a little more time on my hands to fix the community. And it has REALLY shown amazing results in activity.
THANK YOU! everybody for being there. Much appreciated :D It's good for YOU!

timgarbos
Level 23 - Spider demon

Re: Welcome friends, partners and internationals!

Unread post by timgarbos » 25 Apr 2013, 23:16

Make this a sticky somewhere. Nice post

jonaz.dk
Site Admin

Unread post by jonaz.dk » 26 Apr 2013, 00:25

Already done :)

Also we have :like:
and SUPER LIKE! as smilies now.
:superlike:

Code: Select all

:like:
:superlike:

HateTank
Level 0 - Null

Unread post by HateTank » 26 Apr 2013, 08:58

Hello everyone - representing CGforum.dk (though also an old member here), I'd like to sing along on the great initiative choir.

CGforum.dk is, as Jonaz said, spawned from the ashes of 3Dmaxer.dk, which used to be a blooming and active community for all things 3D, but in recent years has seen less and less activity. A few of us thought, it was time to try something new.
So we worked on the principle ideas for a few months, and finally launched around december 2012. We currently have almost 200 members, and a fair amount of activity. Our long term strategy, is to somehow better include the various VFX educations and their students, while also making it attractive for companies to represent themselves on our site. Hopefully both parties will have a more direct line to eachother - students gain insight on which companies are around, what they do and so on, while companies have access to a big pool of fresh (and seasoned) talent.
- but these are some of the bigger plans still to be worked out and implemented. We're still finding our feet so to speak, and smaller adjustments may occur from time to time, whenever someone offers up a great idea we'd like to see implemented.

Primarily, we wan't to serve a community for all things computer graphics, with news, jobs, info, contests and general cozyness. And hopefully people from Spiludvikling.dk and CGforum.dk will find a way to make use of eachother for various projects and the likes.

We're quite excited about this new partnership, and hope it will be received well on both sides.

Cheers,
/Nick
Nick Jensen
Pixel Monkey
Cadesign Form
PolygoN PooP

Anchel
Level 1 - Speck of dust

Unread post by Anchel » 26 Apr 2013, 11:02

Tim has already posted but I guess I'll post on behalf of IGDA Denmark as well :)

Just like Jonaz said, sometimes groups on Facebook or Twitter hashtags simply don't cut it. Sometimes great conversations happen about a topic that get dug down beneath a wave of comments, tweets and more.

We're happy to support Spiludvikling.dk and get new cool people in the games industry to visit the forums, engage and participate in the conversations. One of the cool things about Denmark is that it has a thriving indie community, and we'd love to see them all come together in one place along with other experienced developers.

IGDA Denmark is all about helping out game developers and organizing events to bring everyone together such as the Nordic Game Jam and Exile. We plan to be more active, so stay up to date and bring all your friends passionate about game development here! :D

jonaz.dk
Site Admin

Unread post by jonaz.dk » 26 Apr 2013, 11:11

Awesome guys!
Nice to see you drop by! Looking forward to future cooperation. :D