A science game jam game: The Seaglider

timgarbos
Level 23 - Spider demon

A science game jam game: The Seaglider

Unread post by timgarbos » 01 Jul 2013, 09:57

Hey!

Jesper Taxbøl, Pernille Sihm and I was invited to participate in the Royal Society Science Game Jam in London a little while ago. It was a pretty fast paced 12 hour game jam taking place the morning after the Nordic Game Party ;). The games are now being exhibited at the Science Summer Exhibition and you are free to vote for our game the Seaglider here:

http://sse.royalsociety.org/2013/games/.

The winning game gets a little money to develop it a little further.

The game jam was sort of interesting because we were teamed up with a specific research project and worked closely with one of the researchers. The communication of the science is far from perfect, but pretty good for a 12 hour jam.

We did a bit of polish and Morten Mygind contributed with a soundtrack before we put it online.

Gorm Lai also participated and made the game Cell Invaders! Seems like we are the two teams fighting for the main prize. I am expecting him to hijack this thread and tell people to vote for him instead! Let the vote battle begin!

Gorm
Level 24 - Cyber demon

Re: A science game jam game: The Seaglider

Unread post by Gorm » 01 Jul 2013, 10:16

timgarbos wrote: Gorm Lai also participated and made the game Cell Invaders! Seems like we are the two teams fighting for the main prize. I am expecting him to hijack this thread and tell people to vote for him instead! Let the vote battle begin!
Challenge accepted! I was waiting for you to post about it here on Spiludvikling :), and as you said I worked on the game Cell Invaders with my team. We are currently neck to neck with tim's team, taking turns being slightly ahead.

Cell Invaders is also available on for iPad on iTunes for free. It works really well on a touch interface.

But please vote for the game you like best, even if it is not Cell Invaders or Seaglider.

Voting link: http://sse.royalsociety.org/2013/games/
Last edited by Gorm on 01 Jul 2013, 10:43, edited 1 time in total.
Gorm - Senior Creative Technologist
Blog
Twitter
Global Game Jam

timgarbos
Level 23 - Spider demon

Unread post by timgarbos » 01 Jul 2013, 10:18

May the best game win!

EKnudsen
Level 7 - Spellcaster

Unread post by EKnudsen » 01 Jul 2013, 12:30

Just tried out both games and they were both very cool - yet I had my favourite, and my vote is cast!

Expecting to make a cool game that commuincates science well in 12 hours is also pretty ambitious but good job to both of the teams.

Just FYI when I cast my vote the games were essentially dead even, may the best game win!

buchardt
Level 17 - Jade Raymond

Unread post by buchardt » 01 Jul 2013, 13:11

EKnudsen
Level 7 - Spellcaster

Unread post by EKnudsen » 01 Jul 2013, 13:27

Spoiler Mr B ;)

The 2 games were only 7 votes apart when I voted...

Gorm
Level 24 - Cyber demon

Unread post by Gorm » 01 Jul 2013, 14:47

EKnudsen wrote:Spoiler Mr B ;)

The 2 games were only 7 votes apart when I voted...
Ah, don't worry about it :). The vote only started Thursday afternoon, and doesn't end until this Sunday, so a lot of things can still change and the games have changed ranks a lot. I sometimes think we are safe, and then suddenly Tim and his gang are in front ;p
Gorm - Senior Creative Technologist
Blog
Twitter
Global Game Jam