Next IGDA event (Monday): Startup, students, and a house

timgarbos
Level 23 - Spider demon

Next IGDA event (Monday): Startup, students, and a house

Unread post by timgarbos » 16 Mar 2012, 18:58

Hey,

Last week I went to Aalborg to do a short talk about game prototypes and Copenhagen Game Collective at their new Spilbar initiave. It was a really nice event and was held at a bar where you could buy beers and drink during the talk; it worked really well and everybody got to talk a lot. I would like to try and do something similar in Copenhagen with our IGDA Special Interest Group events. A few people have mentioned that the name IGDA Special Interest Group is "scaring" some people away because it sounds official and super structured, but that is not the idea.

The idea is that this should be a cozy meetup where we will have some talks and then grab a beer, talk to each other and network. I guess a more descriptive name could be something along the lines of IGDA bar meetup or just Game bar meetup. In the long run it could be interesting to find a bar that has the facilities that we need, but for now we will just try and buy some beer beforehand and sell them cheap at the event.

IGDA Special Interest Group meeting

Beta Dwarf:
Beta Dwarf is the company that started at Aalborg University Ballerup and now all moved together in a house in Karlslunde. They are working on the game Faith Of The Guardians.
They are running their company in a quite unusual way and the whole team decided to move in together and work more than full time on the project. You can read more about the project and watch their video logs here: http://betadwarf.com/

We will have different people from the team talk about their experiences with project and how it has been to move in together.

What: Betadwarf
When: 19th of March 2012 at 18:00
Where: PROSA, Vester Farimagsgade 37A, 1606 København V

If you have something to say or a prototype that you would like to show then just contact us or tell us at the event.

After the meeting we will go to http://oerstedoelbar.dk/ for a cold brew. If you can't make it for 18:00, you can still join us afterwards.

Any questions? Feel free to mail Tim at tg@igda.dk

IGDA DK Special Interest Groups
The Special Interest Groups are open and free networking groups for people with a professional interest in a special area of game development. The groups facilitate networking & sharing of knowledge through regular events.

JesperN
Level 10 - Dark arts student

Re: Next IGDA event (Monday): Startup, students, and a house

Unread post by JesperN » 16 Mar 2012, 23:12

Noted... I'll try to be there :)

timgarbos
Level 23 - Spider demon

Unread post by timgarbos » 18 Mar 2012, 22:38

Steffen from Betadwarf said the following on Facebook:

Hey all, I realized that we are the only entertainers monday. Hence I started to structure and plan it just a little in advance. However I also realized that their is no obvious theme other than us living in Karlslunde.

Right now the plan is that I will give some perspectives on the industry and how BetaDwarf is being formed to fit into the rough times we are in. Peter from the team is then going to give a short view into how he joined the team and moved together with us without knowing us.

So if you have more concrete questions etc. please let me know so that I may be able to prepare a little.

See you :)

Plus: Another dwarf joined - offering his perspective on education Vs hands on

Tabu
Level 19 - Wario

Unread post by Tabu » 19 Mar 2012, 00:29

Dammit, I cant make it :(
I have a burning wish for some sort of schedule on when these events happens.

timgarbos
Level 23 - Spider demon

Unread post by timgarbos » 19 Mar 2012, 00:43

Schedule: every second Monday.

Edit: I'll make a list and place it somewhere permanent. A forum is not good for this sort of thing.