Geek or Hipster?

DuskoD
Level 0 - Null

Geek or Hipster?

Unread post by DuskoD » 26 Apr 2013, 15:25

Spread your knowledge and make your voice count by taking part in a short questionnaire about game development in Denmark. WHY? If you don't who will? We have to start somewhere.

The survey is anonymous! Meaning no Name required. Your answers will be assessed in the writings of a Master Thesis.

http://freeonlinesurveys.com/s.asp?sid= ... 26lt253592

Thank you in advance!
Dusko ;)

DuskoD
Level 0 - Null

Re: Geek or Hipster?

Unread post by DuskoD » 26 Apr 2013, 15:52

The A, B and C is just sections for questions that give opportunity for multiple answers. Or questions that contain 2 questions in 1. There shouldn't be a wrong way of filling it out. So just go for it!

Jannek
Level 0 - Null

Unread post by Jannek » 27 Apr 2013, 15:15

The questions are good, but don't make a survey like this again :)

I think you would gain more from not only having textual answers. And write the questions next to where you want the answer, don't write a bunch of questions in one sentence, and expect us to answer each part independent from the others. If you need a good tool to make surveys I can recommend Google Docs Forms.

Not to sound harsh, but if you expect us to spent 10-15 minutes on it, you should make it more readable.

Please let us know what you discover about us when you're done :)

Vanulla_Ace
Level 12 - Master of the dark arts

Unread post by Vanulla_Ace » 27 Apr 2013, 17:46

I must say I agree with Jannek. I have build a fair number of suveys in my time, and what you have right now is probably scaring away potential respondants.

You could check this URL for a couple of tips on, how to build a good survey: http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-f ... rvey.shtml

Also, you might want to use more multiple-choice questions. That way, the responses are much easier to quantify. Right now, you are just getting a huge bunch of text-quotes. With multiple choice, it's much easier to analyse the material afterwards, as it is already quantified in the responses themselves. Also - multiple choice is much faster to fill out for the respondant. You are asking people to write everything out in words, which may also scare some potential responders away.

Don't get me wrong - I think it's super cool, that you are actually collecting real world data for a masters thesis. Not enough people do that! (IMHO) :)
*** Doing stuff for myself, for others, and for Interactive Denmark
My FB page about Danish Game Development (in Danish)
Mostly active on Twitter as @vanulla_ace

DuskoD
Level 0 - Null

Unread post by DuskoD » 11 May 2013, 21:56

I have nothing against constructive criticism:)

@Jannek - Didn't even know Google had a tool like that, although they have so many tools and i should have looked there. With that said, FREE online surveys are not so free as you might think, the one i used had me bound to 20 questions max, others give you less.

@Vanulla_Ace - Multiple choice was not an option for me, I am doing a Qualitative survey not Quantitative. E.g. work hours, employee origin, creativity or money: I want to get an idea of the work load, where foreign employees come from not the foreign vs Danish ratio, and i wanted people to comment on whats more important not just have them tick of one or the other. Yes i have a lot of text! But its my job now to make sense of it:)

Thank you both for your input! I appreciate it.