We're finally ready to kick off a new series of Growing Games workshops for the fall of 2020.
First up is Growing Games: Freelancer Edition. A workshop aimed specifically at all the freelancers in the Danish games industry.
Here you can join us for an afternoon workshop, prepared specifically for people working as freelancers in the Danish games industry. Through a number of talks, exercises, and panels, we are going to touch upon issues such as:
- How do I get started as a freelancer?
- How do I create a unique profile?
- How do I make myself visible / get hired?
- How do I negotiate the right prize for my services?
- How do a structure a work day?
- How does freelancing compare to a full-time position
- Palle Schmidt, freelance illustrator, writer and comic book artist living in Copenhagen, Denmark and author of “SOLO – Survival guide for create freelancers“. Besides writing his own comics and crime novels , he teaches comics on ComicsForBeginners.com and has a podcast with writer interviews (in Danish) at plotcast.dk, and blogs on palleschmidt.com.
- Thomas Løfgren, award-winning veteran developer, designer and director of games, apps, communities and social media systems.
- Bjørn Jacobsen, Audio designer. MSc. IT. Audio Design. Award-winning audio designer who has worked on titles like HITMAN, Cyperpunk 2077, EVE : Valkyrie, DARQ, and many more
- Morten Brunbjerg, award-winning freelance game writer with 9 years of experience writing and designing stories, narratives, dialogue, and plot.
- Caroline Fangel, Freelance UI, 2D and 3D artist with a number og years of experience from the Danish games industry.
Where: Screen Copenhagen, Flæsketorvet, 1711 København, Denmark
Sign-up here: https://podio.com/webforms/24132766/175 ... 1464106508
More event to follow
Jesper, Interactive Denmark / Vision Denmark