Question about Google AdMob

Macspayne2017
Level 1 - Speck of dust

Question about Google AdMob

Unread post by Macspayne2017 » 28 Jul 2020, 11:33

Hi again everyone

I launched my first game for android at the start of July,

You get rewarded with more in-game gold after a level is completed if you play a commercial/advertisement.

Some friends and family tested this and it all works fine (the main game still needs an update), but inside my Google AdMob overview it still says 0,00 in all places.

Either this setup does not work and I get 0 income and there must be a bug or I do not understand the rules. Something like 1000 impressions before it shows anything?

The game is built with Unity and I plan to launch the game for iOS when all bugs are corrected. (I am not currently coding my own games since I am busy making graphics, marketing etc.).

Christoffer
Level 4 - Newbie

Re: Question about Google AdMob

Unread post by Christoffer » 28 Jul 2020, 13:00

In the Unity ads FAQ it says:
If your revenue displays as $0.00, you may need to be patient. Each time a video is started, it creates an impression. However, it may take around 5000 impressions for our targeting algorithms to determine the quality of users provided and start showing consistent revenue.
So you might just have to be patient about it. How much money you make on your impressions is based on the eCPM that is calculated for your app, which depends on who your user base is, how large it is and how they engage with your app. Best of luck
Game Designer @ Set Snail

twitter: @redguychris
facebook: SetSnail

Macspayne2017
Level 1 - Speck of dust

Re: Question about Google AdMob

Unread post by Macspayne2017 » 28 Jul 2020, 13:12

Ok, thank you for the fast reply.

It makes sense.