#dkgame Steam Curator

Duffadash
Level 0 - Null

#dkgame Steam Curator

Unread post by Duffadash » 11 Mar 2021, 16:49

Hello everyone.

I have created a Steam curator that lists all known Danish games on Steam, so as to make that easily accessible information:
https://store.steampowered.com/curator/40000720-dkgame/

The list is derived from the list we maintain internally at The Royal Danish Library, as part of our efforts to ensure that we collect and preserve all Danish video games, so if you notice a Danish game on Steam missing, please get in touch with me.
Due to the way that the Steam curator functionality works I also had to create and attach a Steam Group:
https://steamcommunity.com/groups/spilindustri
I'm not quite sure what to do with it yet, but it could prove useful I suppose.
Allan Christophersen
Video Game Preservationist at the Royal Danish Library.

Neraxa
Level 1 - Speck of dust

Re: #dkgame Steam Curator

Unread post by Neraxa » 11 Mar 2021, 18:21

Oh thats really cool! Now i can get a prober picture of what games on steam are actually danish! :D

jonaz.dk
Site Admin

Unread post by jonaz.dk » 11 Mar 2021, 23:55

Cool stuff! @Duffadash :D

Is it a Steam limitation causing you to break the list in two?

Spotted a few not on the lists: (Hope I got it right)

Interstellar Marines
Mechanic Miner
King of Retail
Human Rocket Person
Voronium - Locust Sols
Wartile
GemBreak
First Class Trouble (Upcoming)

Frontline Tactics (No longer on Steam)
BattleSouls (No longer on Steam)
Cloud Chamber (No longer on Steam)

Also it seems PodPal Games (Age of Space) is from Norway
https://www.moddb.com/company/podpal-games

Duffadash
Level 0 - Null

Unread post by Duffadash » 12 Mar 2021, 02:24

Thank you @jonaz.dk.

The list is indeed split up because Steam only allows a maximum of 100 titles on a given list. That said, the lists are only there to be at the top of the curator page and to have some sort of division of titles into categories. All the games are available in the main list further down the page.

There's definitely a couple I missed from my own document and even a couple that I don't remember ever seeing. I'll follow up on them tomorrow. It's also missing #Utopia because the Curation tools only allow you to do a review for a game if you can select it from a dropdown list when you search for it, and #Utopia just isn't in the first page of results when you search for that and thus cannot be reviewed.

I can sadly only add games no longer on Steam if they still have a page up, like the two Space Hulk games, and only if the account I'm adding them from own the game and has it as one of the latest played titles.

I think you're right on Age of Space. I wonder why it's on our list. I'll have to triple check that it isn't there because one of the people working on it actually Danish, but from my initial research just now that does not seem to be the case. I'll update the list tomorrow.
Allan Christophersen

Duffadash
Level 0 - Null

Unread post by Duffadash » 12 Mar 2021, 09:37

You were right about Age of Space. That was originally included due to this tweet:

And this article on JakobStegelmann.dk:

The article on gamescope.dk is long gone, and was never archived by The Wayback Machine. It WAS however archived by Netarkivet that I have access to through work, and I could confirm that there is no mention of the game being Danish.
Allan Christophersen