DENIAL OF SERVICE attack info

jonaz.dk
Site Admin

DENIAL OF SERVICE attack info

Unread post by jonaz.dk » 22 Feb 2023, 12:47

Hi guys! :D

So yesterday evening there was seemingly a DoS attack on the site.
I closed the shutters on the site to only allow myself into the site. And inside that bubble everything was running just smoothly as normal.
I will do so again if there are more issues in that regard. While also working towards a strengthening of the site in general.

Also there was a new online user record! YAY! > 1825 < So that's pretty cool! :D ;)

As a great backup community I have made a Discord server! Finally ;) Didn't plan on that for community fracturing reason as stated way earlier. But it makes a lot of sense in cases like this. And it's probably not really that big of a deal with community splitting anyways. So here goes!

EVERYBODY is welcome! ❤️️😎
https://discord.gg/5QdwVmFvzX

Just opened the site up again so let's see if the DoS troll(s) will be back. You might have to expect future temp closures of the site if they do. It's no big deal for me at all! Haha It's not like I am loosing income. Have been running to site for free for everybody for 20 years+ not making a dime on it. Only a hobby expense for me personally. :)

Regardless I send my heart felt thanks to the trolls!
Without you I would not have focused on this security issue and created a new Discord server. So thanks for bringing it to my attention.

If that was your mission you have succeeded! ❤️️

jonaz.dk
Site Admin

Re: DENIAL OF SERVICE attack info

Unread post by jonaz.dk » 22 Feb 2023, 14:32

And a little heart warming update from the DoS attack!

It turns out it was a young chap from Turkey working as a defacer.

He joining the new Discord server and we had a nice chat! He's a really nice guy even if he does dodgy things on the internet for a living.

He apologized for DoS'ing the website. naturally I accepted! :) <3

Also no data was harmed.

Wishing him all the best in his situation in Turkey. :)

Adding
And speaking of Turkey I'm sure they could need a helping hand after the Earthquake!

Donate here:
https://www.savethechildren.org/us/what ... earthquake

Niels Jørgensen
Level 22 - Imp

Re: DENIAL OF SERVICE attack info

Unread post by Niels Jørgensen » 23 Feb 2023, 16:40

"defacer" ? Like, that's a job? That sounds like something with 6 legs and fangs, straight out of WarHammer...

Holy F*** I'm getting old.