That was a bit vague ;)
Freelance game developer for hire:
http://dannylanghoffnielsen.blogspot.dk/
dk.linkedin.com/in/dannyln/

Kristian Hedeholm
Level 9 - Conjurer

Re: CAN YOU WRITE IN OBJECTIVE-C

Unread post by Kristian Hedeholm » 24 Feb 2014, 15:22

As I posted in another thread, I think you will get more success if you could tell us a bit more about what's going on.

For example:

What is the company's name?
Some contact information? (The "PM me" thing make it sound more like it's a hobby project than a real job. At least have some kind of email that people can contact you on)
How much experience should the programmer have?
Any deadline for sending the application?
Kristian Hedeholm
Game Programmer at Tripledesign
Twitter: @KristianHede
LinkedIn: Kristian Hedeholm

ProjektHumanisme
Level 0 - Null

Unread post by ProjektHumanisme » 24 Feb 2014, 23:31

In a industry like this - with loads of competition, you should take what ever you can get.

Now, im not promising diamonds - but im promising gold.

So... Vague or not...

Don't play hard to get ;)

timgarbos
Level 23 - Spider demon

Unread post by timgarbos » 25 Feb 2014, 09:53

I have to agree with Kristian Hedeholm here. You might be able to find someone with a vague job description, but you might not find the best candidate for the job.

You haven't even mentioned if you are going to develop a game or some other application? Even if it is a game, there is a big difference between how you develop certain kinds of games and what skill level it requires.

I really hope you find your man/woman, but if not then try to sell the job a bit more and make the project sound just a tiny bit interesting.

s0ren
Level 0 - Null

Unread post by s0ren » 25 Feb 2014, 12:26

ProjektHumanisme wrote:In a industry like this - with loads of competition, you should take what ever you can get.

Now, im not promising diamonds - but im promising gold.

So... Vague or not...

Don't play hard to get ;)
Ej det lyder jo helt fantastisk og troværdigt, jeg arbejder gerne gratis de første ti år.

:lol:

Hvorfor skulle vi spille på din guldfugl når vi har lommerne fulde af diamanter?

madspeitersen
Level 2 - Grain of sand

Unread post by madspeitersen » 25 Feb 2014, 16:02

"In a industry like this - with loads of competition, you should take what ever you can get."

For your information. This is a highly proffesionel forum. The people here are VERY skilled with years of experience and knowledge. And are proud and respectfull about the industry and related jobs.
Follow me on Twitter -> https://twitter.com/MadsPeitersen

ThomasLund
Level 23 - Spider demon

Unread post by ThomasLund » 25 Feb 2014, 18:08

I had decided not to write anything earlier, but need to post.

> "In a industry like this - with loads of competition, you should take what ever you can get."

I think you are gravely mistaken about which direction this arrow points. I dont know a single game programmer with just a little experience that isnt already employed. So imho its up to YOU to convince the given candidate that its worth even contacting you.
Full Control
Makers of Smack Boxing, Smack Hockey, Monster Ball, Electrocute, Touch Wars, Tactical Soldier, Frontline Tactics, Space Hulk, Jagged Alliance Flashback, Space Hulk Ascension

Peter
Level 4 - Newbie

Unread post by Peter » 25 Feb 2014, 19:23

I totally agree with Thomas. Im one of those guys actually.

So to answer the topic:

Yes, I have experience with Objective-C, both for iOS and MacOS, both application programming and high performance 3D graphics.

Questions for you: Can you offer 45.000 + pension and benefits (dkk/month) and can you convince a candidate that you offer long term stable employment?
If yes, then I think you should have made that clear in your post. I assume no, and that you are just looking for free labour thats willing to realize your dream. If thats the case, you need to a whole lot better at selling your dream to me.

-Peter

projectolle
Level 3 - Infant

Unread post by projectolle » 25 Feb 2014, 20:39

@Thomas, then give me a job ;) A little experience means 2+ years, getting that amount of experience is difficult.

However, I think there is a lot of bad vibration in this thread, and that is normally not the case at this site, which makes me a bit sad - Anyways, ProjektHumanisme, if you want to find capable programmers, designers, etc. you will have a hard time if you do not even state your company's name or purpose. There is a big difference between game programming and special app programming, and design for that matter.

Specifying your post will make it much easier for both you, and potential applicants. There is a lot of people (including myself) who "plays hard to get" when we have absolutely no info, currently I would not touch this job offer with a 12" pole, because of the lack of info. So take the advice as kind words to enchance your chances :)
Freelance game developer for hire:
http://dannylanghoffnielsen.blogspot.dk/
dk.linkedin.com/in/dannyln/

ProjektHumanisme
Level 0 - Null

Unread post by ProjektHumanisme » 25 Feb 2014, 21:32

Right it doesn't seems like i can edit my first post.

I am not writing on behalf of a company - i am a business men, entrepreneur, call me what you want.
So, im looking for persons who already have experience in gaming - and the needed skills to create a game.
There is a RPG and a strategy - both multiplayer, that needs to be created.

I saw in a post earlier that someone ''wants'' me to give 45k a month and pension etc.

Money is not a issue, i will give you the details of the game - and you will tell me how fast you can do it, if you can do it alone - or if you need to be a part of a team.

When it is clear, then we can speak terms and conditions.

My budget is 250k - and the games are not huge games that needs lots of time coding and designing, the design part is ready for you!

ProjektHumanisme
Level 0 - Null

Unread post by ProjektHumanisme » 25 Feb 2014, 21:35

Peter, hallo fister hehe jeg tilbyder ikke en ansættelse som funktionær - det er mere et freelance job, hvor jeg betaler dig en pris kontant - og du så leverer varen, uanset de timer du vælger at bruge.
Der vil være deadline på, lad os sige 3 måneder - og er noget man ville kunne klare ved siden af sin eventuelle fuldtidsstilling, med de 45k + pension, om måneden.

Vh.

Peter
Level 4 - Newbie

Unread post by Peter » 25 Feb 2014, 21:50

De 45k er blot en reference til hvad gennemsnitsprisen ligger på for en med 7-10 års erfaring (alla mig). Konsulenter kan ofte være dyrere. Men det lyder jo som om der et budget bag der kan rumme det.

Jeg er ikke selv interesseret, men fint med lidt ekstra information om præcis hvad du søger. Håber det hjælper dig til at finde den eller de rette personer til jobbet. Nu kan man da i hvert fald se at det handler om et lønnet freelance job på ca. 3 måneder som er lidt lettere at tage stilling til.

- Peter

vonknut
Level 78 - Basher of noobs

Unread post by vonknut » 25 Feb 2014, 22:13

Puha, 2 spil, et rpg, et strategi, inkl. multiplayer, for 250k?

Well, hvis det kun er kode og der ligger art + lyd klar, så kan det nok godt gøres.
Men hvis det er "all inclusive", så lyder det lidt som et stramt budget.
-medmindre man tager et "lige kommet ud af ITU og meget sulten" hold.

Tommelfinger regel:
Et spil der skal performe på appstore, koster 500k+ (medmindre man laver en "flappy")
Om ikke cash så i mandemåneder (app. 10-20 mandemåneder).
-og den tommelfinger regel er et par år gammel, så måske er det dyrere idag...

Just saying...
Hans von Knut Skovfoged - Creative Dir.
PortaPlay - Interactive Entertainment and Learning

zelsphere
Level 2 - Grain of sand

Unread post by zelsphere » 26 Feb 2014, 03:39

Det kunne være interessant at have en diskussion om løn, arbejdstimer og budget, danmark kontra udlandet.
Har ikke selv arbejdet for et dansk spilfirma, men arbejdede i 2 år hos paradox interactive inden jeg tog til Japan.
Der lå gennemsnitslønnen for koder og grafikker ikke på meget mere end 35.000SKK.
Hos mit nuværende firma har vi en gennemsit løn på ca. 300.000Y ( 16.000kr ) og 40 timers arbejdsuge ( koderne arbejder ofte helt op til 50-60 timer om ugen uden nogen form for kompensation )
Vi er ca. 25 fuldtisansatte delt op i 3 teams som arbejder på hver sit spil, ofte arbejder vi dog op med op til 4 spil ad gangen, totalt.
Et mobil app. spil er ofte udgivet (færdigt, host) efter 3-5 måneder.
Her er et eksempel på et spil som vi udgav i går.
https://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/id694499023

Min pointe er blot, at jeg vil gætte på at vi bruger ca. 350.000kr per spil vi udgiver.
Og når man hører danske spilfirmaer beklage sig over at det er for dyrt at producere spil i danmark, kunne der måske være noget om snakken.
Fulltime 3D Artist in Japan // Freelance in Europe > Two jobs = Double the fun ;)

ThomasLund
Level 23 - Spider demon

Unread post by ThomasLund » 26 Feb 2014, 08:52

Helt klart interessant med diskussion om lønninger etc. Men der er mere til sagen end den løn du ser. I Sverige betaler arbejdsgiveren f.eks. de sociale udgifter, som man i DK betaler igennem indkomstskat. Så når du ser en løn på 30k SEK, så betaler arbejdsgiver 15-20k SEK i social afgift oveni.

Men den her diskussion skal måske over i en ny tråd :-)
Full Control
Makers of Smack Boxing, Smack Hockey, Monster Ball, Electrocute, Touch Wars, Tactical Soldier, Frontline Tactics, Space Hulk, Jagged Alliance Flashback, Space Hulk Ascension

ProjektHumanisme
Level 0 - Null

Unread post by ProjektHumanisme » 26 Feb 2014, 15:42

Zelsphere så hvad tænker du, kan jeg få lavet et spil eller to for 250k i Japan? ;)

BubbleWrapBoy
Level 8 - Summoner

Unread post by BubbleWrapBoy » 26 Feb 2014, 22:41

Nu jeg ikke den store matematik-nørd, men med en umiddelbar hovedregning kommer du stadig til at være 100 k short...