Freelancer

Wa Tran
Level 0 - Null

Freelancer

Unread post by Wa Tran » 17 Apr 2014, 22:14

Hello, my name is Wa living in KBH. I have been playing around with unity and created an online cv here:

http://seedorff.synology.me/wa/cv/

Within 3 months alone I created a unfinished game:

http://seedorff.synology.me/magicmonster/play/

User: test
Password: test

I am looking for partner, jobs or anything that can help me move forward :)

Jesper Kondrup
Level 27 - Drooling zombie

Re: Freelancer

Unread post by Jesper Kondrup » 18 Apr 2014, 01:37

Hi, Just wanted to throw a few pointers after looking at your Online CV.
I theory it might be a fun idea using Unity to create a CV, but a CV should be something you can read fast and the information should be easy to find and read. Here's a few problems the way I see it.

1. Not everyone have Unity installed.
2. It takes a long time to browse through the different categories to find out who you are and what you have to offer.
3. The Unity scene doesn't really show anything, it's just a guy spinning and some default particle systems.

In my opinion you have to justify why you are using unity for your CV/portfolio.
If you are good at math you should show something awesome.

Just my observations, maybe you can use them :)

Wa Tran
Level 0 - Null

Re: Freelancer

Unread post by Wa Tran » 18 Apr 2014, 22:26

Jesper Kondrup wrote:Hi, Just wanted to throw a few pointers after looking at your Online CV.
I theory it might be a fun idea using Unity to create a CV, but a CV should be something you can read fast and the information should be easy to find and read. Here's a few problems the way I see it.

1. Not everyone have Unity installed.
2. It takes a long time to browse through the different categories to find out who you are and what you have to offer.
3. The Unity scene doesn't really show anything, it's just a guy spinning and some default particle systems.

In my opinion you have to justify why you are using unity for your CV/portfolio.
If you are good at math you should show something awesome.

Just my observations, maybe you can use them :)
1. You are right, but I am working a lot with Unity, so this is purely a choice of my own :)
2. You are right too, but as you might predict, this is just a fun idea I had to try out.
3. Yes, but I don't know how yet and thanks for the opinions - they are useful and give me some to work on :)