(Thread outdated) Experienced Tech Artist, looking for hire

Henrik Kragh
Level 1 - Speck of dust

(Thread outdated) Experienced Tech Artist, looking for hire

Unread post by Henrik Kragh » 19 May 2014, 15:50

(Update: I have established the contacts needed for now, thanks for taking a view! :))

First of all I'm not sure if this is the place to post this. Please feel free to move it!

My name is Henrik Kragh, and I am finding myself without enough scheduled work after summer. More precisely I'm available from August.
I'm looking for both project oriented work, and if an actual full time position exists, I will be interested as well.
Been working with graphics and programming for many years, and can do work in many/most areas of a game related production.
I have been working with innovative solutions, tech development and as a generalist. I love to learn new stuff, and I work hard to find methods of getting my visions from ideas to some actual content.
My main development environment for many years now (since 2007) has been Unity.

Graphics:

Modeling and texturing artist. Illustrator and general 2D artist.
I have a solid understanding of materials, and how they should react to light.
I love to work with quality oriented content, but can scale down my personal criterias if a production needs it. They often do, sadly...

Programming and Tech:

I have made many tools for daily usage, and made actual in game features as well.
For the latest many productions I have been the main shader programmer (skin shaders, water systems, foliage etc.), and effects creator (Particles, shaders, scripting etc.)
I'm solid in 3D transformations, vector operations and math. I understand fully the inner workings of the graphical pipeline in the hardware, and how to take full control. And knows a lot about optimization methods.
Been doing animation systems, sound and character control systems. I also have a large knowledge base in the concepts/math of physics, and can work both with integrated physics systems, and develope systems from scratch.
I have done full productions on my own, for customers, and have taken care of all parts of creation.
C#, Java script, Php, VB, VBscript, Action Script

Putting-it-all-togethering (it IS a word/skill!):

Give me some task, and I won't hesitate before it is working. I have been solving many hard tasks during the years, in order of getting visions to play out as hoped.
I'm normally the person doing light setups, and the collecting/assembling of content from the various departments. I have also done tons of level design.

My shortcomings/ways of using more money on me than needed:

Animation:

No rigging experience (other than basics), and not much to gain from putting me in front of a lifeless character. Produce the animations by other means, and I will gladly get them (AND the character) to run in the game as well!

Backend programming:

Though I can do the actual basic foundation of smaller productions, this is not where you'll use your money wisely... No network experience (besides fetching data/assets from networks generally).

2002-2005: Database developer, and programmer for a distribution company
2005: AFilm. Environments/Props
2006-2007: IO interactive. Environment Artist, effects
2007: Krogh Mortensen Animation. Environment Artist
2008: Minerva Film. Flash productions (Action Scripting, graphics)
2008-unwards: Apex. Lead Graphical artist, effects, shaders, tools and features.
2013-unwards: Tellerup. App Development

During these years I have made book covers and produced general freelance graphical content as well.

Best of regards,

Henrik Kragh

-And then some pictures, but not many. Contact me for more if interested! I haven't been reaching out professionally for many years, and it will take me a while getting some actual presentation stuff going, and a website even.

Environments done for latest production:

Waterfall effect (Shaders, particles, scripts)

An old character design (Photoshop drawing). I haven't drawing professionally for many years, but I guess it's still a crucial part of me
Last edited by Henrik Kragh on 15 Jun 2014, 16:04, edited 1 time in total.

kro
Level 0 - Null

Re: Experienced Tech Artist, looking for hire

Unread post by kro » 19 May 2014, 16:45

theschwartz
Level 1 - Speck of dust

Unread post by theschwartz » 20 May 2014, 09:15

I can highly recommend Henrik as I have worked close together with him in Apex. He really knows his shit and is always giving it 120% when he wants to achieve something. He never gives up.

Thanks,
Martin
May the Schwartz be with you...
---
http://theschwartz.dk

christa
Level 6 - Apprentice

Unread post by christa » 20 May 2014, 10:58

I have worked with Henrik for many years at Apex and if you need a very talented and hard working artist who never gives up, please consider Henrik.

Henrik Kragh
Level 1 - Speck of dust

Unread post by Henrik Kragh » 20 May 2014, 14:56

Well, thanks to both of you for your support! Very nice of you!
And Keld, thanks for linking to that! A tribute....epic :)

Henrik Kragh
Level 1 - Speck of dust

Unread post by Henrik Kragh » 15 Jun 2014, 15:56

I want to close this thread for now, as it has served its purpose. Thanks to Jonaz for having created this awesome portal. It is a perfect way of getting a message out, and I'm truly amazed at the amount of views this post got. Thanks for taking a look at my profile! I hope to be more active in here in the future, seeking and being of help if possible :)