Logic Artists is currently looking for a competent and hardworking Combat Designer to work on combat design, game balance, and some content design for an undisclosed role-playing game project.
You must have some experience with game editors, ideally with the setting up of enemies and other gameplay. You should have a good working knowledge of statistics and metrics and a willingness to crunch numbers and graph your findings.
● Implement combat encounters and iterate on their difficulty.
● Work together with writers to design scenarios that fit into the narrative framework.
● Work closely together with the Creative Director to implement new combat features.
● Maintain and improve the stats that underpin the game.
● Write, update, and maintain design documentation.
● Analyse metrics and make informed and methodical changes based on them.
● 3+ years in a similar role (level scripter, quest designer, combat designer, etc.).
● Minimum 1 shipped PC or console title.
● Experience working with 3D level editors (eg. Unreal, CryEngine, or proprietary editors).
● Good communication skills and fluent or business level English - written and spoken.
● Ability to work well under pressure and to handle multiple tasks.
● Willingness to take responsibility and be part of a highly collaborative team environment.
● Ability to easily adapt to changing needs and requirements.
● Ability to prioritise, plan, organise work, manage your own time, and meet deadlines.
● Able to follow direction and accept criticism.
● Thrive in an informal, creative environment of highly motivated people.
● Passion for computer games.
● Sense of humour.
● Experience with RPG system or combat design.
● Working knowledge of level design.
● Design experience from other fields.
● RPG aficionado (bonus points if you’ve played any of our games).
We offer you:
● A chance to work with passionate people in an international environment.
● Competitive salary.
● 5 weeks of paid vacation per year.
● An exciting chance to work on a popular and growing RPG franchise.
● A chance to have your voice heard, directly influence the game, and be more than just another cog in a big machine.
Submit short cover letter and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Logic Artists is an independent game development studio located in Copenhagen, Denmark. We develop games for PC. Logic Artists was founded in 2011 by a group of Game Design students, and with a successful Kickstarter campaign under our belt, we have published several games including the two titles in our leading franchise of tactical historical RPG’s; Expeditions: Conquistador & Expeditions: Viking.