[Paid] Programmer and human being needed

jonasgeorgakakis
Level 0 - Null

[Paid] Programmer and human being needed

Unread post by jonasgeorgakakis » 04 Aug 2019, 11:37

Hey! My one-man-company is looking for it’s first programmer to work on a brand new project.

This is an on-site, Copenhagen based, paid position.

The Game:
Think Stardew Valley, with Factorio elements set in a Simon The Sorcerer-esque fantasy setting.

Basically, the player will (reluctantly) retire from a life of adventure and instead run their own alchemy workshop. Here they make increasingly complex potions (using questionable recipes) which they then sell to heroes passing through town.

So if you enjoy crafting, management games, fantasy and games not taking themselves too serious, this might be something you would love.

The game is primarily aimed for Console/Switch first, and PC second and I prefer working in Unity but I am very open to using Unreal as well.

It is very early days but I made some 3D art to give you an idea of the style I have in mind(click link for 3D view):
https://skfb.ly/6HGOT

Initial funding has been secured which should last at least a year. Long term, the plan is to add a couple more team members and look for further funding.

You:
Obviously, you need to be able to code. You should be extremely self-driven and take initiative. I am not looking for an employee who will just do what I tell them - I am looking for someone to sparre with. Someone who is passionate about(and plays) games. Someone who is going to push back when I get a bad idea and have ideas of their own.

Experience is always a plus, but I am first and foremost looking for someone whom I mesh with and who believes in the project. So don’t be shy!

Me:
My name is Jonas Georgakakis. I graduated as a 3D artist some 8 years ago. I was briefly at Lionhead(RIP) as a character artist, but have since worked as an Artist and Art Director at SYBO. I was on the original team who made Subway Surfers and have been on many different teams since.

So, I know what it’s like to work in a small, struggling indie team and a bigger, not very struggling, indie team - as well as a big AAA production.

And now I am finally in a position where I can make my own team and game.

If you think this sounds interesting and something that would fit you, please reach out and tell me about yourself at jonasgcontact@gmail.com and we can take it from there.

Alternatively, feel free to forward this to a friend if you think they would be interested.

I still have a lot of practicalities to take care of, so forgive me if I don’t get back to you right away.