We are looking for the right person to help us finish our Puzzle/Exploration platformer AIRHEAD.
As our new 3D artist you will be working closely with our Creative Director to turn rough ideas and concept art into fully rigged characters and machines with core animations in place where needed.
It will be up to you to breathe life into the inhabitants of Airhead’s world, adding your own creative input while ensuring a uniform style in the game.
In addition to creatures and machines, you can expect to help create environment backdrops, and object ranging from rocks and plants, to complex and mysterious object that will be central to Airhead’s environmental storytelling.
At Octato we believe in openness and creating a sense of creative ownership through regular discussions of ideas. We expect you to leave your creative imprint on the game and participate when we are discussing creative and technical options and alternatives.
• Creating, rigging and animating 3D models of unique creatures and machines.
• Produce environment assets for the game.
• Contribute your unique perspective and skills to the game.
• A skilled 3d modeler with a passion for artistry and technical excellence
• A creative individual willing to share your passion and leaving your mark on our game.
• Open to direction, feedback, and discussion
• Detail-oriented and efficient, high self-motivation and able to take the initiative
• Energetic, proactive and have great communication skills
• 5+ years experience with 3d Studio Max.
• 1+ years experience with game development preferably from Unity
• Experience with rigging, skinning and animation.
• Knowledge of current production technologies and their relevant application – 3d Max, Unity and Adobe Creative Suite a must.
• Significant contributions to at least one AAA game is preferred, but not required
• Examples of current and past work, demonstrating your skill at modeling, skinning, rigging and animation,
• Able to create low poly models within a poly budget.
• Experience creating concept art and design.
• Experience with stylised character and environment designs
• Drawing and painting skills.
• Experience working on a 2.5D platforming game.
• A passion for games, especially Puzzle and Exploration games.
• Experience with Slack and Microsoft Teams
This position is, for now, a time limited position running from April 1st until end of October 2020,
Salary will reflect your skills, experience a last but certainly not least your drive and team player skills.
Octato is a small studio of passionate game developers, dedicated to creating games and making the time spent at work a great part of our day.
We believe in a healthy Work/Life balance and encourage our employees not to neglect hobbies, family life etc.
At Octato, the entire team will be involved in all aspects of the production, from initial ideation and production planning to finalizing and presenting the finished game.
Airhead is an adventure through a sprawling interconnected world, where you must explore, evolve and overcome intricate puzzles to succeed.
You play as Airhead, a small Body and the round inflated organism it uses as a Head. And while Head is slowly but surely deflating, you have a chance to save its life.
To do so, you must use air tanks to keep Head inflated while you explore Airhead’s metroidvania-style world, searching for abilities and upgrades that will unlock new areas and puzzles for you to overcome.
On your adventure, it will be up to you to piece together the world’s history and uncover the true connection between Head, the air tanks, and the technology that litters the world.
Airhead will be released in Q1 2021 and published by a well-know publisher, which we can't reveal yet
Prior to applying for any position, we expect you to make sure you understand the requirements for the position you are applying for. If you have any questions or are unsure of anything before applying pleas contact us on the email below.
Interviews will be held as applications are received.
Non-EU applicants are required to have the necessary visas to work in Denmark.
If you are interested, please send your application, résumé and other relevant material including a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write "3d artist application" in the topic field.
Looking forward to hearing from you. Soon