PortaPlay is looking for a 3D/environment artist intern (unpaid)

vonknut
Level 78 - Basher of noobs

PortaPlay is looking for a 3D/environment artist intern (unpaid)

Unread post by vonknut » 10 May 2021, 11:45

PortaPlay is working on a new secret title, co-developed and published by Multi-Bafta-award-winning DontNod (Life is Strange, Twin Mirror, Vampyr etc.).
- for this project, we are looking for a intern

The position, team and project
You will be able to train your skills in doing props and making levels beautiful, in our game that combines 3D graphics with a painterly style to depict Denmark in the winter of 1945. - a RPG-lite narrative driven small-town thriller, that focuses on exploration, choices and poetic audio-visuals (“Disco Elysium meets Night in the Woods”). You will be working with the 3 other artists in asset creation and environment art / level dressing - in close dialogue with the game design/writing team.

Your tasks will be e.g.:
Model and texture soft-surface and hard-surface props and buildings
Set dress in Unity based on the designer’s greyboxing
Potentially work with lights, VFX or camera angles

We are looking for someone that has:
Strong aesthetic sense.
Experience with 3D modelling and texturing + set dressing in Unity
Potentially some experience with lighting and particle effects

Practical info
The intern position can be full or part time
The position is unpaid.
The position can begin from May/June and is 3 months minimum (e.g. part of an education-internship programme).
Deadline - asap.
Mail application to caroline@portaplay.net

About PortaPlay
www.PortaPlay.dk is your friendly neighborhood developer, combining storytelling with non-casual gameplay. We primarily develop premium games with realistic or real-life inspired topics, themes and settings - with some work-for-hire on the side.
The 12-person team working on the title is English-speaking and organized in a flat structure. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage people of any and every background to apply.
Hans von Knut Skovfoged - Creative Dir.
PortaPlay - Interactive Entertainment and Learning

Oliven82
Level 2 - Grain of sand

Re: PortaPlay is looking for a 3D/environment artist intern (unpaid)

Unread post by Oliven82 » 18 May 2021, 14:37

Hej Vonknut
Jeg synes dit praktikopslag ser meget spændende ud. Jeg synes især godt om det faktum at du opmuntrer alle, uanset baggrund til at søge praktikpladsen. Jeg er i den knibe at min erfaring med 3D modellering er ikke-eksisterende, fordi jeg går op i illustration faget. Jeg er godt klar over at mine grafiske kompetencer ikke passer til jeres umiddelbare krav. Trods dette er Jeg interesseret i at sende en ansøgning om praktik til jeres firma, med fokus på illustrationer og concept art til jeres spil. Jeg er sikker på Caroline kan hjælpe mig godt på vej mht. dette. Hvad synes du?
-vh Oliven82