We are developing a prototype of a digital educational card game in a historical/ mythological universe, starting with the viking times. The aim is to inspire learning of history. The upcoming game is in pre production.
The player will be taking charge of a civilization that will go through history. Letting you experience what happened in the past according to historical records. Decisions making and dilemmas open for an engaging gameplay. While diplomacy, trade and wars are bound to start conflicts. This innovative game sees characters in cards moving combat on a grid format. The inspiration comes from: Magic, Civilizations, Age of Empires and Heroes.
Remote part or full time position in a startup, we all work here and enjoy the experience. Currently we don’t have any money. Payment will happen after the game is sold or reaches founding. You can work remotely or sit in our office in Copenhagen.
We are looking for a Game Designer, that can start as soon as possible, to move our card and civilization manager game play forward. With you we can design the world of the game. Your main task is taking game ideas from concept to completion. Translate high level ideas into world class features, game mechanics and experiences. You will be expected to be a storyteller, world builder, and architect of the overall game experience. You will be working closely with the game producer (CEO) and other game designers to ensure that the overall vision and direction of the game are adhered to.
Your tasks will include such things as:
- Under coordination of the Producer and Director, work with artists and programmers to make sure that the creative vision is fulfilled
- Design fun and immersive gameplay mechanics and meta-game features drive them from concept and documentation through prototyping, polish, and release
- Creates and maintains design documentation that keep pace with the project's progress, and accurately conveys all necessary information to departments
- Set creative goals and deliverables for the Art and Dev department
- Creating fun and balanced missions. Balancing and tuning each mission or area to create combat experiences that are fun for diverse playstyles
- Assist in checking and ensuring the quality of game version, and ensure the features are implemented correctly
- Proactively work to improve the product on a regular basis (e.g. propose improvements to levels, features etc)
- Gain deep understanding of our small but growing community
- Design experience from work or your degree
- knowledge of Game Design concepts (gameplay, learning curve, core game loop, balancing, reward system, player retention mechanics, etc)
- Knowledge of card games and or city builder games
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Able to illustrate and/or prototype ideas visually
- A portfolio or sample of your design
- You can collaborate with various departments, such as programmers, artists and also consultants that just recently began their game development experience in the firm
- Flexible with technology and open to changing your workflow to fit the team
- You are open to receive feedback from colleagues
- Ability to work with deadlines
It would be nice if you have experience with:
- Unity, any other game engine experience could also be relevant
- Experience with working in a video games studio and knowledge of the industry
- Inspiration from similar of different games
Planned interview process
You can apply here:
We plan to carry out two rounds of interviews, we imagine an online interview, potentially on a weekend. If you apply before the 26th of July, you can get invited for an interview the first week of august, If you apply later the interview will take place first week of September.
For more information or questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone number +45 25722969