We are developing a prototype of a digital educational card game in a historical/ mythological universe, starting with the viking times. The aim is to inspire learning of history. The upcoming game is in pre production.
The player will be taking charge of a civilization that will go through history. Letting you experience what happened in the past according to historical records. Decisions making and dilemmas open for an engaging gameplay. While diplomacy, trade and wars are bound to start conflicts. This innovative game sees characters in cards moving combat on a grid format. The inspiration comes from: Magic, Civilizations, Age of Empires and Heroes.
Remote part or full time position in a startup, we all work here and enjoy the experience. Currently we don’t have any money. Payment will happen after the game is sold or reaches founding. You can work remotely or sit in our office in Copenhagen.
As the Creative Lead you will manage our art team of 7 people, art meetings and set art goals and art tasks, under coordination of the Producer and Game Director. The artist have to make 2D graphics that are in line with history such as illustrations of historical characters for our card gameplay, UI, environments, cities war scenes and various items and the like.
You have to organize, plan and run one weekly Art Meeting and set tasks together with the Art Director. Additionally you will be required to go to our bi-weekly Lead meeting where we have overall top level discussion about the game, team and company.
- Facilitate a creative environment, full of collaborations with limited frictions and conflicts
- Follow up and artistic validation of the integration with the programmers and artists
- Developing the production schedule in respect of deadlines
- Creating concise documentation for toolsets that the team can rely on
- Management and follow-up of our external partners
- Troubleshoot tool implementations and suggest workflow improvements in order to increase the efficiency and creativity of the team.
- Aiming facilitating consistency for tasks
- Management and lead skills, either natural, schooled or based on experience
- Basic understanding of design and art language
- You can work in a team that includes consultants with limited game development experience
- You are open to receive feedback
- Eagerness to learn and improve
It would be nice if you have experience with:
- Leading a or in a game project
- Knowledge of Unity
- Experience with producing art for video games
Planned interview process
Apply here: https://thehub.io/jobs/60dde5573f9a5a65f6f416d3
We plan to carry out two rounds of interviews, we imagine an online interview, potentially on a weekend. If you apply before the 26th of July, you can get invited for an interview the first week of august, If you apply later the interview will take place first week of September.