Dytbaat Games is looking for a skilled 2D Artist to join the team developing our new title. The game is a casual 2D puzzle game drawing thematic and visual inspiration from titles such as Homescapes, Royal Match, Lily’s Garden, and Solitaire Grand Harvest.
- 2D asset production: Conceptualize and produce 2D assets for the game, including background renders, character design & expressions, story moments, etc.
- 2D UI design + implementation: Create assets to define the game’s UI and create a polished look and feel. Work in Unity in collaboration with programmers to implement the game interface, incl. UI view setup, animations, screen transitions, and visual effects as needed.
- Content ideation: Help to define the game’s content and atmosphere through concepts and ideas, and to see things through to production.
- Collaboration: Collaborate and spar with the team, primarily the creative director and developers, to deliver features and content.
- A strong, professional level art portfolio to demonstrate 2D art skills and an ability to match references hand-drawn visual styles.
- Previous experience with working on mobile games; ideally you have worked on 3+ published game titles, but we are flexible
- Experience with Unity 3D and implementation of graphic assets, particularly its UI system.
- Strong English language skills
- A natural sense for creating a cohesive, visual game experience.
- Experience with 2D animation and technical art a big plus
- And, most importantly: An enthusiasm for delivering the best player experience and a motivation to create high quality game experiences!
ABOUT THE POSITION
- This is a paid full time position.
- The job is remote for the time being, but we are currently looking to secure an office space in central Copenhagen.
- Office hours: Work will take place in core office hours, but beyond that we are flexible.
- Start date: January 2022, or as soon as possible.
- Salary according to qualifications.
- Dytbaat Games is a Copenhagen based game studio creating high-quality casual puzzle titles for mobile (iOS/Android).
- We are founded and grounded in Copenhagen, but do support remote positions with colleagues across Denmark and Europe.
- More information on our not-super-fancy homepage: https://dytbaat.com/job/2d-artist/
Interested? Shoot us an email on email@example.com with a CV + portfolio, and a couple of lines to describe why you think this sounds like you. We look forward to hearing from you!