Flowstorm (arcade racing/aerial combat with a twist)

sranine
Level 0 - Null

Flowstorm (arcade racing/aerial combat with a twist)

Unread post by sranine » 12 Apr 2013, 11:41

Hello!

We're two indie devs working on a project called Flowstorm.

Flowstorm is an arcade racing & aerial combat in early Alpha; a modern take on the Thrust-genre, aiming to give the player a challenge and really rewarding gameplay, which differs depending on which of the six timers you attempt to beat; from the more puzzle-oriented fuel timer to the intense full-acceleration timer.

The game is very easy to pick up and play but difficult to master, and as you find your own feel for flying - incredibly rewarding!

We're currently on Kickstarter and Greenlight, so back and vote for us if you want to see it happen! :)

Check out the video on Kickstarter if you want to see some gameplay footage, or play the online web alpha for free over here -> flowstormgame.com/play <--

Jaycee
Level 13 - Portal opener

Re: Flowstorm (arcade racing/aerial combat with a twist)

Unread post by Jaycee » 12 Apr 2013, 14:25

I really like what you guys have produced here. Great work! Its fun and its great quality...BUT the web demo is WAY to hard. I really think you need a softer learning curve to not scare away too many potential customers.

sranine
Level 0 - Null

Unread post by sranine » 12 Apr 2013, 18:28

Jaycee wrote:I really like what you guys have produced here. Great work! Its fun and its great quality...BUT the web demo is WAY to hard. I really think you need a softer learning curve to not scare away too many potential customers.
Yes, we've come to realise just how many find it too difficult! We're working on getting the beginner-rocket called Rooket into the game. More about that over at the Kickstarter-update, if you're interested! :) So - coming soon!

Jaycee
Level 13 - Portal opener

Unread post by Jaycee » 13 Apr 2013, 12:29

I can see you were already on the case, I guess I was not the first to complain :D thats great! Good luck with the kickstarter...

eMilk
Level 22 - Imp

Unread post by eMilk » 14 Apr 2013, 00:57

Looks awesome! Super hard, but I'm a fan of twitch. Backed, and spread the word around a bit!

Good luck with your Kickstarter. Helped these guys out a bit, and you're in for quite the rollercoaster ride.

However, if you can reach 60% funded with a few days to spare you're golden. Reach 60% funding, and there's a 98% chance of reaching your goal. (Source)

You might want to take your Kickstarter account and back a few projects yourself, that helps your credibility along a bit as well.
Don't forget to push this using social media (reddit, twitter), and invite press who have previously covered you to write about you again.

And involve your backers and supporters. At GDC, one of the best advice I heard there was from (IIRC) Colin who did the Drifter Kickstarter, was that messaging your backers individually, thanking them for their support, can make a real big difference.

sranine
Level 0 - Null

Unread post by sranine » 14 Apr 2013, 18:35

eMilk wrote:Great advice!
Thank you so much! We've made one round with press release, reddit, twitter etc, but need to push more, and we know it! Got help to write a new press release, so we'll throw out new bait early next week. Messaging backers individually sound like a great idea. I really want to do that. It's amazing how much people's names stick and you just feel so grateful for each and every person who wants to support the project!

We updated the game today, as a response to a lot of people who wants to play the game but just can't bear with the extremely steep learning curve, and added the "Rooket", which is the first rocket that the player will use in the final game! It's slower, chunkier, has wider landing spikes and no wings. Check it out over at the play page! :)

Once again, thanks for all the advice! :D We'll see what we can come up with!

Mikkel Christensen
Level 3 - Infant

Unread post by Mikkel Christensen » 14 Apr 2013, 23:55

Det ser sgu godt ud! Ser frem til at prøve det!

sranine
Level 0 - Null

Unread post by sranine » 15 Apr 2013, 23:11

Mikkel Christensen wrote:Det ser sgu godt ud! Ser frem til at prøve det!
This way --> http://flowstormgame.com/play :D

Code
Level 39 - Hitman

Unread post by Code » 16 Apr 2013, 09:15

Hahaha, første bane er åndsvag svær, men jeg elsker det - det stoppede mig ikke fra at spille den igennem indtil jeg vandt. Super nice ^^
Spiludvikling og undervisning i Unity3D
http://www.code.dk

Danmarksmesterskabet i spiludvikling.
http://www.dmspil.dk

jonaz.dk
Site Admin

Unread post by jonaz.dk » 16 Apr 2013, 10:49

KICKSTARTER BACKED!

Yeah I also really like it. Way to go SWEDEN! :)
I have been missing the Gravity Force gameplay from the Amiga days. I remember doing some awesome skill moves back then in 2 player sessions. It's a blast when mastered!

And it is crazy hard if you try to play as the more skilled players in the videos. A careful approach should be the starting point.

So what's the plan if the kickstarter goal is not met? Slower progress.. or alternative funding?
Currently it's still not looking too hot. :(

But I gave it a pledge!

sranine
Level 0 - Null

Unread post by sranine » 16 Apr 2013, 14:39

Code wrote:Hahaha, første bane er åndsvag svær, men jeg elsker det - det stoppede mig ikke fra at spille den igennem indtil jeg vandt. Super nice ^^
Tack!! <3
jonaz.dk wrote:So what's the plan if the kickstarter goal is not met? Slower progress.. or alternative funding?
Thank you so much! Every pledge really does matter so much. If we don't meet the goal, we'll most likely wrap up the project as it is and perhaps update now and then, when we have time to work on it. We will not seek any funding from investors or publishers for it. I can image it would be quite difficult too, when taking a stance in not doing so and having a failed Kickstarter for the same project. It is a very niche game, and we still hope that there are enough players out there willing to back it. As you say, it's not looking too hot, but we'll keep pushing it for as long as we can! :)