Spørgsmål angående ITU kandidat

Warbeard
Level 0 - Null

Spørgsmål angående ITU kandidat

Unread post by Warbeard » 26 Mar 2014, 23:19

Hej forum-besøgende,

Jeg kunne godt tænke mig at vide om nogle af jer har studeret på Spil-linien på ITU i København, for i så fald har jeg nogle spørgsmål; mest af alt, hvor praktisk er uddannelsen?

Jeg har studeret på Medialogi, og den var ikke praktisk nok nemlig.

Tak for jeres hjælp!

Mvh Mads

Edit (English added):

Hello forum visitors,

I'd like to inquire if any of you had studied at the Games-profile at the ITU in Copenhagen, because I have some questions regarding it; mostly, how practically oriented is it?

I studied Medialogy, and it was too theoretical for my liking..

Thanks for your assistance!

-Kind regards, Mads
Last edited by Warbeard on 27 Mar 2014, 00:27, edited 1 time in total.

buchardt
Level 17 - Jade Raymond

Re: Spørgsmål angående ITU kandidat

Unread post by buchardt » 27 Mar 2014, 00:14

Not sure but I have a feeling that asking in English might give you a broader spectrum of potential people to answer this...

Warbeard
Level 0 - Null

Unread post by Warbeard » 27 Mar 2014, 00:27

Thanks for the tip, added english translation

KudosForLudos
Level 3 - Infant

Unread post by KudosForLudos » 27 Mar 2014, 09:05

I studied both Medialogy and games at ITU, and found ITU to be the least practically oriented of the two.
Should be said that I was on the design-branch, and my experience was that the tech-branch was much more pratical. I graduated in 2009 so it could be organized differently now though.

Warbeard
Level 0 - Null

Unread post by Warbeard » 27 Mar 2014, 10:26

Hello,
Can you tell me a bit of what you learned at the Design-branch? That is the profile I wish to apply for too. Did you have friends on the tech-branch?

I see that on the design-branch now they have subjects like From Concept art to Graphics, and 3D Art (which seems like the mean animation) - stuff I am interested in, and which we didnt learn about at Medialogy.

KudosForLudos
Level 3 - Infant

Unread post by KudosForLudos » 28 Mar 2014, 10:29

I started off on the Tech-branch for ½ a year, but moved to the design-branch.

We had mainly purely theoretical classes (Often with a game-production as the end-game) but had a 3D class as well. I would not go to ITU for its 3D and concept art classes, based on my 2009 experiences.
The 3D class was quite superficial at the time, but might have a different focus these days.
The lectural on the more theoretical subject were good, but I doubt that you'll land a concept artist/graphical artist job after attending the ITU design-branch.

And again, I need to stress that I have no real idea of the current state of the education.
I'm glad I attended ITU, and learned a lot, but would think perhaps the design school is better with regards of the stuff you seem interested in. I recommend giving ITU a call.

antoft
Level 0 - Null

Unread post by antoft » 28 Mar 2014, 10:35

Hi Mads

If you want a school that is more practical then Medialogy, you should not choose ITU. Instead you should look at The Animation Workshop, Design Skolen or The Game Assembly in Malmø. I teach the course "From Concept art to Graphics" at ITU. It is very introductory, and rely on the student learning most of the practical skills by them selves. ITU is lecture based education and not workshop based, which is what you are looking for, if you want to develop your practical skills.