2D artist - paid ***Position filled***

astridmrefstrup
Level 0 - Null

2D artist - paid ***Position filled***

Unread post by astridmrefstrup » 03 Apr 2020, 11:24

First of all

*** Position filled ***

Don’t ever ever hesitate to apply, no imposter syndrome! We want to meet you! We encourage EVERYONE to apply and to share it with people who are underrepresented in the industry.

We are looking for a 2D artist for our game Welcome to Elk, you will join our art team together with Murray and Dennis.

About Triple Topping:
We are a Copenhagen based indie studio. At the moment we are working on two games. Welcome to Elk and Ynglet which is a collaboration with game designer Nifflas. We have an office dog <3

If you are curious about how we work you can find our employee handbook and contract here: http://tripletopping.com/#workwithus

About the game:
Welcome to Elk is a biographical adventure set on an island like no other, where every character you encounter has a story to tell. From the weird and wonderful to the dark and desperate, all the tales told on Elk are based on true stories of life on the road less traveled.

More about Elk: https://www.welcometoelk.com/

What we are looking for:

We are looking for a 2D artist who can help us draw 2D assets and maybe some small animations for our game.

Assets can include anything from working with our characters, visuals for the environment, art for the minigames, drawing squishable seal toys or maybe more funny objects to put around town. Whatever you’re drawing we can guarantee it will be fun!

We work in photoshop, if you know how to animate or work in Unity that’s a fun extra, but definitely not essential!

You will work closely together with our other 2D artist and our art director.
If you watch our trailer you’ll get a feeling of what the art style is:
https://youtu.be/Pa8ieSlbjsM

What we can offer:
    • A long term full time position.
    • 35000 DKK per month, bonus for families
    • Lunch
    • Amazing people and games
It would be amazing if you could work some of the time at our office in Copenhagen, but we are open to remote work.

Practicalities:
Send us an application including your portofolio to astrid@tripletopping.com before April 14.
We will call for interviews on April 15.
We are preferably looking for someone who can start as soon as possible.
Last edited by astridmrefstrup on 15 Apr 2020, 17:10, edited 1 time in total.

Needo
Level 0 - Null

Re: 2D artist - paid

Unread post by Needo » 06 Apr 2020, 12:47

Hi! I've been following your game for some time, looks great!

I'm not an artist myself, but I have someone who I think would be perfect for your type of project, but she's stationed in Århus. Before I send her on, I would like to know how much open to remote work you actually are if the right candidate comes?
It would be amazing if you could work some of the time at our office in Copenhagen, but we are open to remote work.
Cheers
Kristoffer

astridmrefstrup
Level 0 - Null

Unread post by astridmrefstrup » 06 Apr 2020, 12:49

Needo wrote: 06 Apr 2020, 12:47 Hi! I've been following your game for some time, looks great!

I'm not an artist myself, but I have someone who I think would be perfect for your type of project, but she's stationed in Århus. Before I send her on, I would like to know how much open to remote work you actually are if the right candidate comes?
Cheers
Kristoffer
Yes, as we said in the call we are also open to Remote work :) you are very welcome to share our application with her :)

Needo
Level 0 - Null

Unread post by Needo » 06 Apr 2020, 12:55

Yes, as we said in the call we are also open to Remote work :) you are very welcome to share our application with her :)
I was just wondering if you meant fully remote, but I take that as a yes! Cheers, I'll forward it.

Oliven82
Level 2 - Grain of sand

Unread post by Oliven82 » 06 Apr 2020, 22:29

Hi Astrid
your job opportunity looks very interesting.
I have a few questions about the whole application process:

I'm also interested in applying for an internship in your company:

Would you prefer two different applications about the job opening and possible internship?

Do you prefer a portfolio link or a PDF file with drawings/sketches?

Is English the preferred language to apply in?

Best wishes and stay corona-free

astridmrefstrup
Level 0 - Null

Unread post by astridmrefstrup » 06 Apr 2020, 22:33

Danish or English what you prefer, English is the main language at the company but if danish is easier for the application then go with that. Link or pdf either is good, just mention in the email regarding internship but let’s start reviewing the application if you sent one as a job application.